Monday 14 September 2009

Tree Trimming....sneaky peak!!

Just had a lovely hour making these Christmas cards..........

so you can have a sneaky peak at one of the new stamp sets coming out in the new catalogue!!! It's called 'Tree Trimmings' and I just LOVE it!!

I am really quite a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas - red and green and gold....some would say boring!!
In this set, there are 3 bauble stamps and a string to hang then on the tree....
For the card above, I stamped the baubles in Real Red on to Vanilla CS and then cut them out. I wanted something that looked like a branch of a Christmas tree to hang them on.....I used the swirl out of the 'Baroque Motifs' set which I haven't used much yet. I stamped it in Old Olive onto Vanilla CS and then positioned the baubles and masked and stamped the strings to hang them on.
I used SU 3 dimensionals to raise them, and used the Stampin Glitter to make them sparkle. I mounted the Vanilla onto some Real Red CS, added some Old Olive Ribbon, and the sentiment is from 'Seasons of Joy' set, mounted on the scalloped and oval punches.


For this card, I did the same again with the baubles, and glittered them. I used the swirl stamp from 'Season of Joy' set again to look like a branch.....and then stuck the baubles directly on to the card. I used some Always Artichoke ribbon and the sentiment is again from 'Season of Joy'. I mounted the card onto red, and then on to Vanilla CS.

Hope you like them, as much as I have enjoyed making them!
Elaine x

6 comments:

  1. Love the cards! I really need to get cracking on making some christmas cards!! Glad you are feeling better hope those new pain killers are working now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful cards! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How gorgeous are these. I got the tree trimmings set too but havent had the chance for a play yet - may have to lock myself away for a short while...
    Jan
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, these are wonderful, hope you are OK my dear, need to catch up soon, JUles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these Elaine. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've combined stamp sets to create the scenes.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete